The school is committed to the vital contribution all governors and staff can make to safeguarding children. We will strive to make sure that every student in the school feels secure, well cared for, and able to reach their full potential.
We will ensure all our own staff, other professionals, parents/carers and students work together to know about keeping children safe. They will understand the importance of following procedures and listening to each other, especially when there are concerns about safety.
The school will work hard to reduce all the kinds of harm that children can suffer, including abuse, bullying, discrimination and avoidable injuries. If you have any concerns at all about the safety or welfare of a child please do not hesitate to contact us.
School Designated Safeguarding Team
The School Designated Safeguarding Lead is Clare Mahoney.
The School Designated Deputy Safeguarding Leads are Suzanne Beston, Faye Munslow and Christine Gardner.
These members of staff are the main contacts in the event of a safeguarding concern and can be contacted via the school office.
If contact with the Head or Safeguarding Officers cannot be made, reports can be made to the Griffin Schools Trust via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0208 698 7049.
If your concern is urgent during out of school hours please contact the Worcestershire Safeguarding Team:
01905 822666 (9-5 Mon – Thurs, 9-4:30 Fri)
01905 768020 (Out of Hours)
A whistleblowing helpline is available from the NSPCC – 0800 028 02825.
Keeping Children Safe Online
We use PSHE and assemblies to deliver comprehensive guidance and advice to our students about how to keep themselves safe online.
- Your Friends. The Internet – Keeping yourselves safe, keeping the internet fun (age 4-7)
- Your Friends. The Internet – Keeping yourselves safe, keeping the internet fun (age 8-10)
- Protecting your children from online abuse (this includes a useful short interactive video)
- Parent Info – From CEOP and Parent Zone – ‘The 5 digital parenting rules that REALLY matter.’
- Parent Info – From CEOP and Parent Zone -‘Setting Safety and Privacy settings for Social Media Apps.’
- Online Safety – NSPCC
- A Parent’s Guide to Social Networks – NSPCC: Net Aware
- Playing Games Online – NSPCC: Get Safe Online