The Head, staff and Governors at Perry Wood Primary and Nursery School are committed to the integration and inclusion of all children, including those with Special Educational Needs. This does not mean treating all children in the same way, but involves taking careful account of their varied life experiences and needs, and taking practical steps to meet all of these effectively, while promoting tolerance and understanding. It is the school’s belief that all pupils deserve the same chance to reach their full potential in a positive learning environment.
The Special Educational Needs Code of Practice 2002 states:-
- a child with SEN should have their needs met
- the needs of a SEN child will normally be met in mainstream schools or early education settings
- the views of the child should be sought and taken into account
- parents have a vital role to play in supporting their child’s education
- children with SEN should be offered a broad, balanced and relevant education, including an appropriate curriculum for the Foundation Stage and the National Curriculum.
We aim to provide access to a broad and balanced curriculum for all children by developing an inclusive curriculum. We will set suitable learning challenges for every child and respond to the diverse learning needs of all pupils. We will work to overcome potential barriers to learning and assessment for individuals and groups of pupils. We value all children and we aim for all of them to experience success and to reach their full potential.
Perry Wood’s Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities Coordinator (SENDco) is Jacky Long. To speak with Ms Long please contact the school office, details can be found on our contact page.
For Worcestershire’s Local offer please visit http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/sendlocaloffer