The Perry Wood Curriculum Promise:
A curriculum that is creative, challenging and engaging for all, inspiring our learners to become inquisitive. Our curriculum provides our children with the key skills and knowledge for strong roots, so that they can grow and flourish into independents citizens of the future.
We strive for a curriculum that:
- Inspires all that are involved
- Challenges all groups of learners
- Uses all areas, including the outdoors
- Hooks our learners with a ‘grab’ such as a visit or visitors
- Has interesting themes that engage our learners
- Has a real purpose with high quality end products
- Develops well-rounded individuals with key skills they will need for life
- Is rich in opportunities for language, reasoning and dialogue
- Develops independence, questioning and thinking skills
- Is rich in experiences and opportunities that widen horizons
- Develops proud traditions
Key Drivers for Our Curriculum:
We pride ourselves on providing outstanding Extra-Curricular experiences for our children, including annual residential trips for Years 3, 4 and 6, as well as free access to 28 clubs every week.
Annual Co-Curricular opportunities are set within the school calendar. These include our Proud Traditions: Griffin Sports Festival, Founders Day, Griffin Science Symposium, and Griffin Arts Festival.